“Whether you’re in Harlingen, San Benito, Brownsville, or anywhere in between – you’ll encounter the very best that our State has to offer. I am proud of the trust that my community has placed in me and ask for your continued support as we continue to make District 38 a priority in Austin.” — Eddie
District 38 Is My Home
I am proud to call District 38 my home. As a product of Brownsville, I chose this community as the place to raise my family. My children attend Brownsville public schools and my wife, Jaime, and I are small business owners. I am invested in our community and will continue to ensure that District 38 remains a strong hub for economic development and international culture.
EDDIE'S VISION FOR 2020
Over the last 14 years, I have been a strong advocate for the prosperity of our region. For 2020, my goal is not only to continue the momentum we have built together but to push for a vision that exceeds expectations. Together, we will fight for education funding, so our students and teachers have adequate resources to succeed, we will fight for expanded access to cutting edge medical treatments to help the most vulnerable Texans, and we will prioritize job training and workforce development programs that drive our economy.
Use this # online to show your support.
ON THE ISSUES
Let's Continue Making Great Progress
- Appointed as Chair of the House Committee on Insurance, and as a member of the Public Health Committee and Select Committee on Statewide Healthcare Costs.
- Steered nationally-recognized drug transparency legislation to reduce and regulate prescription drug prices. (HB 2536)
- Passed landmark patient protection legislation to ensure patients are not surprised by unexpected medical bills for emergency care. (SB 1264)
- Created the Medicaid Buy-In Program for families with children who have special needs. (HB 67)
- Provided access to cutting edge medical treatments for children with autism. (HB 3703)
- Author of the largest public safety investment in Texas history. (HB 11)
- Secured $7.5 million for a DPS law enforcement tactical training center in Brownsville.
- Supports responsible gun ownership through the establishment of universal background checks and the elimination of loopholes.
- Established the SWIFT program that provides for the planning and financing of water infrastructure needed for the next 50 years
in Texas. (SJR 1, HB 4)
- Created the Valley Environmental Summit in order to develop an organized community presence to address key environmental issues.
- Voted to secure $6.5 Billion in new funding for public schools that will impact teacher salaries and children’s education. (HB 3)
- Supported retired school educators and employees by providing for a 13th Check. (SB 12)
- Authored legislation to significantly expand career and technical education programs. (SB 22)
Commit To Help Eddie Win
By submitting your cell phone number you are agreeing to receive periodic text messages from the Eddie Lucio III campaign. Message and data rates may apply.
Eddie Lucio, III.
Join The Team & Stay Connected
Are You With Me?
Contact our campaign today! We appreciate every person, every effort, every vote! Submit this form so we can keep you current with the campaign. Please volunteer to help in any way. Thank you!